THROUGH NEGOTIATIONS WITH CANADA’S ONLY NON-PROFIT INSURANCE PROVIDER, GREENSHIELD, THE FEDERATION OFFERS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SET OF BENEFITS AVAILABLE THROUGH A CAMPUS HEALTH PLAN:
- Prescription drugs with or without a pay-direct drug card;
- Paramedical services: physiotherapist, speech pathologist, massage therapist, chiropractor, naturopath, and psychologist;
- Dental accident costs;
- Medical equipment/appliances;
- Accident or sickness related tutorial costs;
- Ambulance costs;
- Semi-private hospital rooms;
- Out of province emergency services;
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance;
- Vision care/prescription glasses; and
- Managed dental care.
These benefits are available in component parts, which allows a students’ association the opportunity to design a customised plan for its members, thus maintaining the principle of meeting students’ needs first and foremost.